Fast Track Clear Aligners
Learn Diagnosis & Treatment Planning Skills and Clinical Techniques for Clear Aligner Therapy!
Are you interested in getting into clear aligner therapy but unsure if they really work? Are you a general dentist interested in getting into orthodontics but not know where to start?
This exciting course covers diagnosis and treatment planning, how to get started with clear aligner laboratories, the differences in technology, step-by-step clinical procedures from taking records to delivering aligners and monitoring your patients until case completion. We cover the basics to getting you started with clear aligner treatment using traditional and digital methods for recording taking, step-by-step clinical and laboratory workflows, insurance/billing and growing your clear aligner practice through innovative marketing strategies. The clear aligner course is eligible for up to 12 hours of continuing education credits.
This course utilizes learning skills and educational content that is 50% projection slides and 50% video-based education. We emphasize simulated "LIVE" video-based techniques to demonstrate step-by-step clinical procedures including: impressions, digital scanning, bonding attachments, interproximal reduction (IPR), monitoring and troubleshooting steps, refinement and revision for case finishing, removing attachments and polishing, and placing the patient in retention.
To receive the best education possible, this course is broken down into 5 sections:
Section I: Introduction to Clear Aligner Therapy, Principles of Tooth Movement, Identifying Aligner Cases and How to Work With Aligner Manufacturing
Covering the basics of clear aligner treatment, including identifying cases in your practice, diagnosis and treatment planning, and reviewing aligner brand options.
- Historical Overview of Clear Aligners
- Introduction of Aligner Terminology Unique to Clear Aligners
- Goals of Aligner Treatment
- Introduction to Orthodontics and How Teeth Move
- Fundamentals of Diagnosis & Treatment Planning
- Identifying Cases in Your Practice
- Comparison of Major Clear Aligner Laboratories and Production Methods
Section II: Taking Records, Diagnosis & Treatment Cases, Submitting and Reviewing Cases
Focuses on step-by-step procedures related to record making and taking including charting, photography, x-ray options, analog and digital impressions and submitting cases to clear aligner laboratories.
- Overview of Records Necessary for Aligner Therapy
- Comprehensive Overview and Clinical Demonstration of Photography Techniques
- Making Perfect PVS Impressions Even Align Will Accept
- Digital Technology & Scanning Technology for Making Aligner Treatment Simple
- Uploading Cases to Invsalign and ClearCorrect and Evaluating Treatment Setups
Section III: Receiving Cases, Delivering Aligners, Placing Engagers, Performing IPR, Monitoring Treatment, Treatment Revision, Treatment Completion & Retention
A comprehensive review and clinical step-by-step procedural based education focusing on receiving cases in your office, unboxing, placing engagers/attachments, IPR, treatment in ideal cases, and mid-course correction during when treatment doesn't go perfectly.
- Invsalign and ClearCorrect Unboxing Cases and Preparing for Starting Treatment
- Delivering Your First Aligner - Clinical Step-By-Step Procedures
- Bonding Attachments - Clinical Techniques
- Interproximal Reduction Protocols and Step-by-Step
- Successful Treatment with Clear Aligners
- Monitoring Treatment and Troublehsooting When Teeth Don't Move
- Finishing Treatment and Retention
- Make Your Own Clear Retainers
Section IV: Business Skills For Incorporating Aligners Into Practice
This section is a great way to get started with growing your practice and getting ready for doing more clear aligners. Preparing the office for both the clinician and teams to do more aligner treatment!
- Choosing Treatment Options
- Setting Fees for Clear Aligner Treatment
- Overview of Insurance Benefits and Billing
- CDT Codes for Orthodontics & Aligners
- Using Social Media to Grow Your Practice
- Case Presentation Skills
- Teamwork Approach in Clear Aligner Practice
Section V: Case Gallery
Clear Aligners ROCK! This section highlights some of the cases and clinical conditions where clear aligner therapy is perfect. Emphasis is placed on great starting cases and treatment appropriate for your first case.
Fast Track Dental
National Approved PACE Program Provierder for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by
any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
9/1/2019 to 8/31/2020.
Provider ID# 392479
Dr. Melissa Shotell is a Board Certified Orthodontist and practices in a multi-specialty practice in Sonora, CA focusing on the interplay of Orthodontics and restorative treatment. Dr. Shotell received her DMD at Nova Southeastern University and advanced hospital training a General Practice Residency Certificate from The Ohio State University. After spending years in general practice treating a broad range of patients, Dr. Shotell returned to complete a certificate and master’s degree in Orthodontics from Loma Linda University. At Loma Linda University, Dr. Shotell focused her training on cutting-edge three dimensional imaging technology for diagnosis and treatment planning for interdisciplinary dentistry. Dr. Shotell considers education to be her passion and regularly consults and lectures on dental technology, clear aligner therapy, orthodontics, office efficiency and workflow, and teamwork.
StartChapter 1 – Introduction to Clear Aligner Basics (10:07)
StartChapter 2 – History of Aligner Treatment (8:46)
StartChapter 3 – Goals of Clear Aligner Treatment (7:26)
StartChapter 4 – Principles of Orthodontic Tooth Movement (24:43)
StartChapter 5 – Fundamentals of Diagnosis & Treatment Planning for Clear Aligners (36:40)
StartChapter 6 – Identify Clear Aligner Cases in Your Practice (17:36)
StartChapter 7 – Overview of Aligner Brands & Manufacturing Processes (23:25)
StartChapter 8 - CE Credits Self Assessment
StartChapter 1 – Record Taking for Clear Aligner Therapy (6:48)
StartChapter 2 –Clinical Photography for Clear Aligners (31:05)
StartChapter 3 – Radiographs and X-Ray Records for Clear Aligners (18:38)
StartChapter 4 – Making Impressions for Clear Aligners (32:44)
StartChapter 5 – Digital Impression Techniques for Clear Aligners (57:18)
StartChapter 6 – Submitting Cases to Doctor Portals for Aligner Services (92:12)
StartChapter 7 – Reviewing Treatment Setup and Ordering Aligners (7:11)
StartChapter 8 - CE Credits Self Assessment